Brighton & Hove Governors' Association is an independent, non-party-political body that aims to maximize the contribution made by school governors to advance the quality of education and the interests of every child in the city.
Our aims are to:
- To promote and facilitate communication between governing bodies on matters of interest and concern to governors.
- To enable governors to be consulted, at all stages, in the formation of policies that may affect them and their schools.
- To provide a vehicle for expressing the collective views of governing bodies and to make appropriate representations.
- To work in a spirit of partnership with the local authority.
- To represent Brighton & Hove governors' views nationally via affiliation to the National Governors' Association (NGA).
Our aim is to ensure that the voice of governors in Brighton & Hove is heard at a local, regional and national level.